Hi All
It certainly has been a while between blogs. Reason for this is simple - trying to maintain my work/life balance - or lack thereof!
Wikipedia defines work–life balance as "a concept including proper prioritizing between "work" (career and ambition) and "lifestyle" (health, pleasure, leisure, family and spiritual development/meditation). Related, though broader, terms include "lifestyle calm balance" and "lifestyle choices"".
How hard is it to create a schedule and try to stick to it? Home life, family, friends, work, study and play. Sounds easy enough to some of us who are born organisers; others not so much.
I'm no stranger to part time study whilst working full time, having completed a Business Diploma a couple of years back. I found it easy enough back then as I was still at home and was relatively "comfortable", for want of a better term. However, times have changed for me. I'm now out on my own, renovating an apartment, working full time in a global health and well being company, (funnily enough) and studying online Communications Management. One would think that as the course is online and with all the new technologies available to work and study, it would be much simpler and that we'd all have more time to do more?!
I know many of you can probably relate to the above, because I am sure you have had this conversation before you all signed up to part time study. Feel free to comment on the above, or share your tips on how to maintain one's sanity whilst ploughing through this thing we call life whilst trying to maintain a balance between all. I'd love to hear your thoughts...
Next time, I'll plan to talk about work/life balance from another perspective.
Till then...
Christine :)
Mmmm, Tanya's work-life balance, get up, go to work, come home, spend time with fur-kids and either watch TV or study, on Saturday spend time with family & two nephews, Sunday study. You will notice there is no mention of housework in there, that's because that only happens occasionally, as opposed to regularly. Time with friends happens whenever I can fit it in. Is that "balance" I wounder?
ReplyDeleteLOL..sounds like my life story. The main thing is that you are doing more than just working your life away - fitting in time with family is the most important thing - everything else is secondary.
ReplyDeletePS: housework is way down the list for me too :)